Actor Shia LaBeouf was arrested early Tuesday in New Orleans following what police described as a late-night disturbance during Mardi Gras celebrations in the French Quarter.
LaBeouf, 39, was taken into custody and charged with two counts of simple battery after an incident in the 1400 block of Royal Street, according to the New Orleans Police Department.
Officers responded around 12:45 a.m. after two men reported being assaulted outside a business in the crowded entertainment district.
Authorities said LaBeouf had been “causing a disturbance and becoming increasingly aggressive at a Royal Street business.”
He allegedly struck an employee “with his closed fists on the victim several times” when staff attempted to remove him.
Police said the actor initially left but soon returned, and was “acting even more aggressive.”
Investigators reported that bystanders attempted to restrain him outside the business in the nearby Faubourg Marigny neighborhood and briefly released him in hopes he would leave the area.
Instead, authorities allege LaBeouf again punched the same victim in the upper body before striking a second individual in the nose.
“LaBeouf was again held down until police arrived,” officials said.
“He was taken to a hospital for treatment of unknown injuries.
“Upon release, he was arrested and charged with two counts of simple battery.”
Video footage published by TMZ appeared to show LaBeouf shirtless outside the venue before emergency medical services transported him to a local hospital.
Police have not released additional details, and representatives for the actor did not immediately respond to requests for comment.
WATCH:
🚨 ALERTE INFO: 🇺🇸 L’acteur Shia LaBeouf a été impliqué dans une altercation nocturne lors du Mardi Gras à La Nouvelle-Orléans ; les ambulanciers sont intervenus sur place et il a ensuite été arrêté. (F) pic.twitter.com/BmCSAdlSr8
— Trump Fact News 🇺🇸 (@Trump_Fact_News) February 17, 2026
Latest Incident in a Troubled Legal History
The arrest marks another legal setback for the former Transformers star.
LaBeouf has faced multiple encounters with law enforcement in recent years.
In 2020, LaBeouf was charged with misdemeanor battery and theft in a separate case.
He ultimately avoided jail time and was ordered to complete anger-management therapy, alcohol monitoring, and random testing.
During a 2022 interview with Bishop Robert Barron while promoting his role as St. Padre Pio, LaBeouf spoke candidly about his past conduct and addiction struggles.
“I had been abusive to women, and had been shooting dogs and willingly been giving women STDs,” he said.
“It’s disgusting. It’s depraved.
“My mother is embarrassed beyond imagination.”
At the time, LaBeouf said he had achieved more than 600 days of sobriety following a public legal dispute with his former girlfriend, FKA Twigs.
He also claimed he was converting to Catholicism.
Twigs accused him in a lawsuit of sexual battery, assault, and emotional distress.
LaBeouf denied many of the allegations and said he was seeking treatment for PTSD and alcoholism.
Arrest Overshadows Mardi Gras Festivities
Tuesday’s incident unfolded as massive crowds filled New Orleans for Mardi Gras celebrations.
The brawling transformed what should have been a festive night into another controversy surrounding the embattled actor.
Authorities have not indicated whether additional charges could follow as the investigation continues.

Our comment section is restricted to members of the Slay News community only.
To join, create a free account HERE.
If you are already a member, log in HERE.