Trump Slams ‘Grossly Incompetent’ Chicago Mayor as Federal Takeover Threat Looms

The Trump administration is considering sending the National Guard into Chicago as part of its expanding crackdown on violent crime and illegal immigration.

However, the move has already triggered fierce pushback from Democrat officials.

Many of the arrests in Washington, D.C., since President Donald Trump announced his federal crime crackdown earlier this month have been immigration-related, including alleged members of Tren de Aragua and MS-13.

The same model may soon be deployed in Chicago and other blue cities with severe violent crime problems.

According to the New York Times, Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) is expected to use the Great Lakes Naval Station as a staging ground for a major immigration enforcement operation in the Chicago area.

“Chicago’s a mess,” Trump said Friday.

“You have an incompetent mayor. Grossly incompetent.”

Chicago Mayor Brandon Johnson, a Democrat, lashed out at the prospect of National Guard involvement, calling the idea illegal and counterproductive.

“Unlawfully deploying the National Guard to Chicago has the potential to inflame tensions between residents and law enforcement when we know that trust between police and residents is foundational to building safer communities,” Johnson said in a statement.

“An unlawful deployment would be unsustainable and would threaten to undermine the historic progress we have made.”

The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) has highlighted a series of major ICE arrests in Chicago since Trump took office in January.

The arrests underscore his administration’s broader enforcement push.

DHS detailed some of those arrested, including:

• Guatemalan national Francisco Dominguez-Chon was convicted of aggravated criminal sexual abuse of a minor.

• Adonias Garrido-Virul, also from Guatemala, was convicted of predatory criminal sexual assault of a minor.

• Mexican national Hector Bonaparte-Contreras was convicted of predatory criminal sexual assault of a child under 13 years old.

• Israel Cobian-Sandoval, a Mexican national, was convicted of homicide.

In a statement, DHS said:

Slay the latest News for free!

We don’t spam! Read our privacy policy for more info.

“President Trump has been clear: we are going to make our streets and cities safe again.

“Across the country, DHS law enforcement is arresting and removing the worst of the worst, including gang members, murderers, pedophiles, and rapists that have terrorized American communities.

“Under Secretary Noem, ICE and CBP are working overtime to deliver on the American people’s mandate to arrest and deport criminal illegal aliens and make America safe again.”

Meanwhile, some Chicago residents say the city’s leadership has failed to deliver real safety.

“The city is not safe,” restaurateur Sam Sanchez told Fox News.

“For the mayor and the governor to go on TV and use us as statistics, as numbers, I mean, we’re human beings, we’re talking about real time,” he added.

READ MORE – Illinois Gov Pritzker Threatens ‘Response’ If Trump Sends National Guard to Chicago to Tackle Crime

SHARE:
join telegram

READERS' POLL

Who is the best president?

By completing this poll, you gain access to our free newsletter. Unsubscribe at any time.

Our comment section is restricted to members of the Slay News community only.

To join, create a free account HERE.

If you are already a member, log in HERE.

Subscribe
Notify of
1
0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x