The Vatican has rejected an invitation to participate in President Donald Trump’s “Board of Peace,” which was recently formed to rebuild war-ravaged Gaza.
The Holy See’s top diplomatic official confirmed the rejection on Tuesday.
The refusal to join the international effort signals hesitation from the Catholic Church’s leadership toward the post-war initiative.
Vatican Secretary of State Cardinal Pietro Parolin said the Holy See “will not participate in the Board of Peace because of its particular nature, which is evidently not that of other States,” according to the Vatican’s official news outlet.
Instead, the Vatican is calling for the globalist United Nations (UN) to take over the rebuilding of Gaza.
The Board of Peace was chartered in January and comprises nearly 20 nations.
It is intended to oversee recovery and stabilization efforts in the Gaza Strip following the Israel-Hamas war.
Vatican Raises Concerns Over Structure and Authority
Responding to questions about Italy’s decision not to join the board, Parolin said:
“There are points that leave us somewhat perplexed.”
Parolin added that “there are some critical points that would need to find explanations.”
“The important thing is that an attempt is being made to provide a response,” he said.
“However, for us, there are certain critical issues that should be resolved.”
Parolin also emphasized the Vatican’s longstanding position on international crisis management, stating:
“One concern is that, at the international level, it should above all be the UN that manages these crisis situations.
“This is one of the points on which we have insisted.”
Pope Leo, the first American pontiff, received an invitation to join the peace board in January.
However, the pope has not moved to participate.
International Response to Trump’s Initiative
Leaders from 17 countries took part in the board’s initial charter signing ceremony in Davos, Switzerland, in late January.
The ceremony included presidents and senior officials from Latin America, Europe, the Middle East, and Central and Southeast Asia.
Israel formally joined the board last week ahead of Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s meeting with President Trump at the White House.
Additional invitations were extended to several nations, including Russia, Belarus, France, Germany, Vietnam, Finland, Ukraine, Ireland, Greece, and China.
Poland and Italy later announced they would not participate.
President Trump said Sunday that participating members have pledged more than $5 billion in aid for Gaza.
The funding is expected to be formally committed during a meeting in Washington, D.C.
The Vatican’s decision to remain outside the initiative highlights lingering diplomatic divisions as the administration seeks to build an international coalition for Gaza’s post-war recovery.

Our comment section is restricted to members of the Slay News community only.
To join, create a free account HERE.
If you are already a member, log in HERE.