Whoopi Goldberg is forcefully denying any connection to Jeffrey Epstein after her name appeared in documents tied to the disgraced financier, telling viewers she is being unfairly swept into a widening scandal.
During Tuesday’s episode of The View, the 70-year-old host addressed the issue directly.
“In the name of transparency, my name is in the files. Yes,” Goldberg said.
“And what does it say?
“It says, ‘Whoopi needs a plane to get to Monaco. John Lennon’s charity’ — it should say Julian Lennon’s charity — ‘ is paying for it.”
According to Goldberg, the reference stemmed from a charity event invitation in which organizers were attempting to secure transportation.
“They give all the information,” she said.
“And they’re saying, ‘Do you want to offer your G2?’ ” she added, referencing a private jet.
Co-host Sunny Hostin interjected, “And it looks like they said, ‘No thanks.’”
Joy Behar followed up: “So, in other words, anybody could be on this list.”
“Anybody,” Goldberg replied.
“This is my point, because I’m telling you, when people are trying to turn me into…
“I wasn’t his girlfriend, I wasn’t his friend.”
“You used to have to have facts before you said stuff,” she continued, criticizing what she described as speculation circulating online.
When Behar pivoted to President Donald Trump.
“But Trump is on the list 38,000 times,” Goldberg pushed back.
“I can’t speak for him, but I’m speaking about me because I’m getting dragged!” Goldberg said.
“People actually believe I was with him.
“Honey, come on. Every man I’ve ever been with, you’ve known about..
“People wrote about this.”
“And no, I didn’t get on the plane,” she added.
“Because you know what I would have to do to get on the plane?”
“Fly,” Behar quipped, referencing Goldberg’s long-documented fear of air travel.
WATCH:
NEW: Whoopi Goldberg finally addresses her name appearing in Epstein documents and insists being listed does not mean guilt.
Behar: “Anybody can be on this list.”
Whoopi: “Anybody. Well, this is my point. Because, I’m telling you when I tell you people are trying to turn me… pic.twitter.com/jw1bIgiwVN
— David J Harris Jr (@DavidJHarrisJr) February 17, 2026
Renewed Scrutiny Amid Epstein File Releases
Goldberg has previously denied ever visiting Epstein’s private island. In January 2024, she addressed similar claims.
“Apparently, they said I was on the island,” she said at the time.
“And I don’t go anywhere!
“There’s just been a lot of stuff recently, I don’t know what I’ve done to anybody, but apparently there are a lot of the tabloid sites and people don’t realize they can be harmful.”
The renewed scrutiny comes after U.S. Attorney General Pam Bondi informed Congress that the Department of Justice had released materials under the Epstein Files Transparency Act.
Some lawmakers and Epstein survivors have questioned whether all relevant documents have been made public, citing redactions and alleged missing files.
“These materials could have been released long ago, but they’re just being released now,” Rep. Jamie Raskin (D-MD) said Feb. 9.
“I think that the Department of Justice has been in a cover-up mode for many months and has been trying to sweep the entire thing under the rug,” he added.
Goldberg maintains that her name’s appearance in the documents reflects only logistical communications related to a charity event and does not indicate any relationship with Epstein.
She insists she was not involved in any wrongdoing.

Our comment section is restricted to members of the Slay News community only.
To join, create a free account HERE.
If you are already a member, log in HERE.