Alec Baldwin Snaps, Yells at Reporter in New York City

A disheveled-looking Alec Baldwin was filmed snapping and yelling at a reporter in New York City.

The response comes after Baldwin scored a lucky break in his criminal case in New Mexico earlier this week.

As Slay News reported, the Santa Fa D.A. dropped an enhancement charge against Baldwin.

The charge could have seen the actor get sentenced to up to five years for the death of cinematographer Haylna Hutchins.

Baldwin is not out of the woods yet but fears over a lengthy prison sentence have been alleviated.

If convicted on the remaining charges, however, Baldwin would still get 18 months in prison.

Baldwin’s lawyers said: “In light of the government’s concession that its decision to charge the enhancement was legally erroneous, the Motion is now moot.

“As set forth in the Motion, the inclusion of the enhancement thus violated the Ex Post Facto Clauses of both the United States and New Mexico Constitutions.

“After waiting more than a week, on February 20, 2023, the government filed a First Amended Criminal Information (the “Amended Information”), which omits the unconstitutional enhancement.

“The government has nevertheless continued to issue statements to the media criticizing Mr. Baldwin and his counsel for filing a meritorious motion, stating that the government’s withdrawal of the enhancement is intended to ‘avoid further litigious distractions by Mr. Baldwin and his attorneys’ and that the prosecution’s priority is ‘securing justice, not securing billable hours for big-city attorneys.’

“Members of the prosecution team had amplified the error in the Original Information by repeatedly giving interviews on national television in which they erroneously claimed that the enhancement was not only applicable to Mr. Baldwin, but mandatory, and that Mr. Baldwin was facing an additional five years in prison as a result.”

Despite the win in court, Baldwin does not appear to be happy.

Slay the latest News for free!

We don’t spam! Read our privacy policy for more info.

According to Deadline:

Despite the big shift by the D.A. for Baldwin and Reed, the duo do still have involuntary manslaughter charges and the possibility of some time behind bars.

The first charge is a fourth-degree felony with sentencing of up to 18 months in jail and a $5,000 fine.

The second charge, which is formally an involuntary manslaughter in the commission of a lawful act charge, is also a fourth-degree felony punishable by up to 18 months in jail and up to a $5,000 fine. 

Rust assistant director David Halls — who told Baldwin that the gun he was holding was “cold” before it was discharged by the actor, taking Hutchins’ life — reached a plea agreement with prosecutors.

It included a suspended sentence and more.

That plea deal with the D.A. remains unreleased.

On February 16, the D.A. pointedly added Hutchins’ widower Matthew Hutchins to its list of 46 witnesses.

It is unclear if that addition alters the settlement that the widower reached with the Rust producers back in October, tossing aside a wrongful death civil suit, to become an executive producer on the Rust movie if and when it resumes shooting.

READ MORE: Alec Baldwin Doomed as Prosecutors Release Witness List for Hollywood Star’s Trial

SHARE:
join telegram

READERS' POLL

Who is the best president?

By completing this poll, you gain access to our free newsletter. Unsubscribe at any time.

By David Hawkins

David Hawkins is a writer who specializes in political commentary and world affairs. He's been writing professionally since 2014.

Subscribe
Notify of

Recommended

9
0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x