Attorney General Merrick Garland to Make Statement in One Hour in Wake of FBI’s Trump Raid

The Department of Justice (DOJ) has just announced that Attorney General Merrick Garland will make a statement Thursday afternoon in the wake of the FBI’s raid of President Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago home.

People from both sides of the aisle have been demanding answers but, so far, the DOJ has refused to explain the raid.

The DOJ’s announcement did not say Garland would address the Trump raid, however.

Nor does it say what Garland wants to tell the American people.

The announcement simple says:

“Attorney General Merrick B. Garland will make a statement today.”

The move by the FBI to raid the home of the 45th president has even prompted prominent Democrats to call out the Biden adminsitration.

Former New York Governor Andrew Cuomo said: “DOJ must immediately explain the reason for its raid & it must be more than a search for inconsequential archives or it will be viewed as a political tactic and undermine any future credible investigation & legitimacy of January 6 investigations.”

Former Democrat presidential candidate Andrew Yang said: “I’m no Trump fan.

“I want him as far away from the White House as possible.

“But a fundamental part of his appeal has been that it’s him against a corrupt government establishment.

“This raid strengthens that case for millions of Americans who will see this as unjust persecution.

“It seems like this was authorized by a local judge and a particular FBI office without buy-in or notification of higher levels of government.

Slay the latest News for free!

We don’t spam! Read our privacy policy for more info.

“But literally no one will believe that or make a distinction.

“It’s probably bureaucratic but it seems political.

“If they raided his home just to find classified documents he took from The White House, he will be re-elected president in 2024, hands down,” one legal expert noted.

“It will prove to be the greatest law enforcement mistake in history.”

The DOJ will also have to answer to the judge who signed the warrant.

Federal Magistrate Judge Bruce Reinhart ordered the DOJ to “file a response to the motion to unseal” the Mar-a-Lago search warrant no later than August 15, Slay News reported.

The judge was responding to a motion from Judicial Watch.

Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton said: “The Biden administration’s raid on President Trump’s home is an outrageous, reckless, and unprecedented abuse of power.

“And the American people have an urgent right to know how it happened and who is responsible.”

As Slay News previously reported, former New York City Police Department (NYPD) Commissioner Bernard Kerik has warned that Democrats will attempt to kill President Trump if Monday’s FBI raid on his Mar-a-Lago home fails to spark criminal charges and block him from running for re-election in 2024.

Kerik warned that he is “deathly afraid” for the 45th president after the feds descended on Trump’s Florida residence.

In a statement on Twitter, Kerik warned that the Democrats’ “next step” to “stop” Trump “will be assassination.”

“And just like in other Third World countries, if today’s raid by Biden’s FBI does not stop Donald Trump from running for president in 2024, their next move will be Assassination,” Kerik said.

SHARE:
join telegram

READERS' POLL

Who is the best president?

By completing this poll, you gain access to our free newsletter. Unsubscribe at any time.

By David Hawkins

David Hawkins is a writer who specializes in political commentary and world affairs. He's been writing professionally since 2014.

Subscribe
Notify of

Recommended

2
0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x