Embattled cable network CNN is continuing its losing streak after failing to land a single show in the top 25 during the month of June.
Months after the Chris Wallace-led streaming service CNN Plus closed its doors, the network is still sliding as it loses its grip on cable news.
In May, CNN’s “Anderson Cooper 360″ managed to secure the 25th slot.
However, CNN’s ratings are in freefall.
Viewership plunged 13% in June from the month prior making June 2022 CNN’s lowest-rated month in total day viewership since July 2015.
CNN brought out the stars like Chris Wallace for its coverage of the Jan 6 committee hearings.
Those hearings drove huge ratings for every other cable outlet except CNN.
“For the month of June, and despite the Jan. 6 House committee holding several blockbuster hearings that should have been squarely in the channel’s wheelhouse, CNN actually lost viewership from the previous month,” according to Yahoo.
“CNN’s primetime lineup only attracted 654,000 total viewers and 148,000 in the key advertising demographic of viewers aged 25-54—a 1-percent decline in both categories from May.
“And in total day viewership, CNN’s overall audience dropped to 487,000 while it attracted 104,000 viewers in the 25-54 demo, shedding 3 percent and 2 percent, respectively.
“And during the week of June 13 to 19, which featured quite a bit of focus on the committee hearings, the network only averaged 480,000 viewers overall, a 13-percent drop from its May averages and the channel’s worst week since November 2015.
“June 2022 was CNN’s lowest-rated month in total day viewership since July 2015.”
The top 25 shows in June were:
- Fox News | 5 p.m. /The Five: 3,142,000 / 19 telecasts
- Fox News | 8 p.m. / Tucker Carlson Tonight: 3,068,000 / 18 telecasts
- Fox News | 7 p.m./ Jesse Watters Primetime: 2,571,000 / 18 telecasts
- Fox News | 9 p.m./ Hannity: 2,555,000 / 16 telecasts
- Fox News | 6 p.m. / Special Report with Bret Baier: 2,312,000 / 18 telecasts
- Fox News | 10 p.m./The Ingraham Angle: 2,124,000 / 16 telecasts
- MSNBC | 9 p.m./The Rachel Maddow Show: 2,124,000/ 6 telecasts
- Fox News | 11 p.m./Gutfeld! : 1,952,000 / 17 telecasts
- Fox News | 12 p.m. / Outnumbered: 1,723,000 / 17 telecasts
- Fox News | 9-10 a.m./10-11 a.m./America’s Newsroom: 1,566,000 /36 telecasts
- Fox News |The Faulkner FocusFAULKNER FOCU
- Fox News | America Repoerts
- Fox News | The Story
- MSNBC | The Last Word With Lawrence O’Donnell
- Fox News | Your World With Neil Cavuto
- Fox News | Fox And Friends
- MSNBC | The Beat With Ari Melber
- MSNBC | Deadline: White House
- MSNBC | All In With Chirs Hayes
- Fox News | Fox News Live
- MSNBC | MSNBC Prime
- MSNBC | Reidout
- Fox News | Fox News At Night
- MSNBC | 11th Hour With Stephanie Ruhle
- MSNBC | Morning Joe