Epstein’s Brother Blows Whistle, Accuses Feds of Covering Up Death

Jeffrey Epstein’s brother has spoken out to publicly accuse federal law enforcement of covering up the death of the late trafficker.

Mark Epstein has come forward with a collection of evidence that he says proves his brother did not kill himself.

Convicted pedophile Epstein was found dead in his New York City jail cell while awaiting trial on new charges of sex trafficking.

His death was ruled a suicide.

However, multiple inconsistencies have since raised significant suspicions regarding the official story.

Despite being the most high-profile prisoner in the U.S., Epstein was found dead in federal custody at the Metropolitan Correctional Center in New York on August 10, 2019.

In the run-up to his death, Epstein was described as happy and confident that he would soon be released.

His lawyers have suggested that it never crossed Epstein’s mind that he wouldn’t be getting released from jail.

He had previously been convicted of child sex crimes but his friends in high places ensured that he received a cushy sentence.

Epstein had no reason to believe his latest charges would be any different.

Those close to him insist that he was not suicidal and was not the sort of person who would kill himself out of fear.

Nevertheless, Epstein was found dead in his cell just after 6:30 a.m., having apparently used a length of orange bedsheet tied to the cell’s bunk bed to hang himself.

Throughout the previous night, cameras in the Secure Housing Unit where Epstein was being held weren’t recording.

Slay the latest News for free!

We don’t spam! Read our privacy policy for more info.

Prison guards were also sleeping and Epstein was left without a cellmate, despite prison psychologists’ direct orders.

Then-Attorney General Bill Barr would later call the situation a “perfect storm of screw-ups.”

Within a week, a medical examiner had ruled the death a suicide.

The ruling meant that no further investigation was required.

Eventually, a 128-page report was produced by the Department of Justice (DOJ) which concluded prison staff made errors.

The report blamed “long-standing operational challenges” for Epstein’s death.

However, some have consistently challenged the official version of events, including Epstein’s brother, Mark, 69.

Mark Epstein is campaigning for more information to be made public — including video from the cell block.

“I only want to look at facts, but when we consider the facts available, we get more questions,” the property developer told The New York Post.

“There appears to have been no investigation once it was ruled a suicide, they saw no reason to dig deeper.

“It seems like a cover-up. Why can’t I find his pre-hospital care report and why can’t I get the 911 call?”

The following is a compilation of publicly available information about Epstein’s death as well as findings from Mark’s four-year investigation:

The autopsy

Two medical examiners were present for Epstein’s autopsy, Dr. Kristin Roman and Dr. Michael Baden.

Baden, the chief medical examiner of New York City, was hired by Mark Epstein to independently oversee the procedure.

They agreed to list the manner of death as “pending,” saying further investigation was required.

That was overruled a week later by New York Chief Medical Examiner Barbara Samson, who changed it to suicide.

Samson said she had seen “additional evidence.”

However, Samson has never produced any additional evidence or said what it was.

Baden said Epstein had two breaks on each side of his thyroid cartilage near his Adam’s apple, and one above it on the left side of his hyoid bone.

These breaks were “extremely unusual in suicidal hangings” and “could occur much more commonly in homicidal strangulation,” he noted.

“I’ve not seen in 50 years where that occurred in a suicidal hanging case,” Baden added.

In addition, no photo was taken of the position of Epstein’s body when he was found.

Multiple medical examiners have agreed this was very unusual as the photo is a key piece of evidence in determining exactly how he died.

Autopsy photos show the marks on Epstein’s throat from the ligature were in the middle to lower portion of the neck, and straight, not raised, and pointing toward the side and back of the throat in a way more consistent with hanging.

Epstein’s cell

The Department of Justice’s investigation into Epstein’s death says he was found “suspended from the top bunk in a near-seated position, with his buttocks approximately 1 inch to 1 inch and a half off the floor” and his legs in front of him.

This means most of his body weight was hanging on the ligature around his neck.

The guard who found him, Michael Thomas, claimed both that he ripped the sheet and that he cut it, then began chest compressions until prison medics arrived.

Two nooses were found in the cell, according to the CBS show “60 Minutes.”

The noose taken as evidence was not the one the prison guard ripped or cut from Epstein’s body.

The submitted and photographed noose was a whole piece of cloth with a hemmed edge and no staining or fluids, despite allegedly being around Epstein’s neck when he died.

In photos of Epstein’s cell, his sleep apnea machine can be seen — which Mark points out has an electrical cord that would have been easier to use to hang himself than a sheet.

Emergency medical technicians (EMTs) who attended the scene were not interviewed, which is standard protocol in such cases.

Especially in high-profile cases, EMTs and hospital staff are interviewed by police, but in this case, none were.

In addition, a pre-hospital care report for Epstein “can’t be found,” according to hospital staff.

The autopsy showed Epstein was dead for at least two hours before he was found, and possibly up to six hours.

However, despite clearly being deceased, he was transferred to a hospital and placed in a hospital gown on a gurney.

Meanwhile, the 911 call made from the prison and its contents have also never been released.

Inmates and evidence

On July 23, while Epstein was in jail, guards were called to the cell he shared with former cop and now-convicted killer of four Nicholas Tartaglione due to an incident in which he had sustained neck injuries.

Following the incident, Epstein told prison staff he had been attacked by his cellmate. He later said he “did not remember” how he got the injuries and refused to speak further about it.

After the incident, on July 30, the prison psychology department said Epstein must have a cellmate at all times and was to be monitored.

The new cellmate, Efrain “Stone” Reyes, was assigned but transferred out of MCC to another facility less than 24 hours before Epstein’s death.

Reyes told his family Epstein seemed “depressed” and “didn’t want to live anymore,” according to the New York Daily News.

The outlet also quoted another inmate who said Epstein “was saying he’s going to kill himself because the government is trying to kill him anyway.”

Video evidence from the night of Epstein’s death was “limited.”

According to the Department for Justice’s investigation, “Recorded video evidence for Aug. 9 and 10 for the SHU area where Epstein was housed was only available from one prison security camera due to a malfunction of MCC New York’s Digital Video Recorder system.”

However, it also notes that “between approximately 10:40 p.m. on August 9 and about 6:30 a.m. on August 10, no one was seen entering Epstein’s cell tier from the SHU common area.”

Despite Freedom of Information Act requests being filed, the footage from the working camera, particularly showing when Epstein’s body was removed from the tier in the morning, has never been released to the public.

Sleeping guards

Prison guards Tova Noel and Michael Thomas were stationed 15 feet from Epstein’s cell.

However, they fell asleep and did not check on prisoners in the Secure Housing Unit at all on August 9, the night Epstein died.

They later admitted to falsifying records that said they had completed the checks.

Both were federally indicted but struck a deal whereby, in exchange for admitting their guilt and cooperating with the federal probe into Epstein’s death, the charges were dropped.

Neither has ever spoken publicly about Epstein or what happened that night.

The indictment against the officers also lists the presence of two other prison guards, “Officer-1” and “Officer-2,” who were also on duty during at least part of their shift and were supposed to accompany Noel on her rounds. Their identities have never been released.

Mark says he has nothing to gain from his brother’s death, was not a part of his will, and has incurred legal fees and had to spend money to protect his family since 2019.

“They had a hearing which was coming up a few days after his death to appeal the bail restrictions … why would Jeffrey kill himself a few days before that hearing? Because if he got bail, he’d be out of jail, awaiting trial in his house with an ankle monitor,” he told investigative journalist Declan Hill on his “Crimewaves” podcast.

“Why kill yourself then? If bail was denied again, then I could understand it.

“Believe me, it would have been easier if [the pathologists] had come out and said, ‘It looks like a suicide,’ then I could put this whole issue behind me,” he added.

READ MORE: Key Epstein Witness ‘Missing’ after Documents Unsealed

Advertise with Slay News
join telegram


Who is the best president?

By completing this poll, you gain access to our free newsletter. Unsubscribe at any time.

By Frank Bergman

Frank Bergman is a political/economic journalist living on the east coast. Aside from news reporting, Bergman also conducts interviews with researchers and material experts and investigates influential individuals and organizations in the sociopolitical world.

Notify of
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x