Fox News Tries to Silence Tucker Carlson, Sends Legal Threat to Stop New Twitter Show

Fox News’s lawyers have sent a “cease and desist” letter to star anchor Tucker Carlson in an effort to shut down his unprecedented new show on Twitter.

Carlson’s new Twitter show is changing the media landscape and continues to score huge numbers of viewers, dwarfing the audience figures for Fox and other cable news networks.

Tucker’s first “Tucker on Twitter” video landed more than 100 million views.

The second episode has reached over 50M so far.

According to Axios, the cease-and-desist letter has “NOT FOR PUBLICATION” in bold at the top.

Fox is still paying Carlson and wants to silence him until the end of his contract with the network on December 31, 2024, conveniently on the other side of the critical presidential election.

Carlson’s lawyer, star GOP attorney Harmeet Dhillon, said: “Fox News continues to ignore the interests of its viewers, not to mention its shareholder obligations.

“Doubling down on the most catastrophic programming decision in the history of the cable news industry, Fox is now demanding that Tucker Carlson be silent until after the 2024 election.

“Tucker will not be silenced by anyone.

“He is a singularly important voice on matters of public interest in our country and will remain so.

“For all the friends who have been asking ‘why don’t we see you on Fox anymore?’ – this is why.

“I am passionately committed to free speech and a free flow of information necessary for a free society.

Slay the latest News for free!

We don’t spam! Read our privacy policy for more info.

“Until Fox stops trying to silence Tucker, it’s not a place for me.

“And I feel for my friends working at the network which has clearly caved into pressure from some quarter to silence Tucker Carlson.

“What you are seeing on Fox today is a censored version of the news.

“Keep that in mind as you make your viewing and your commenting choices.”

According to Axios:

Carlson’s first two Twitter episodes were straight-to-camera monologues.

He plans to keep iterating with longer, more varied episodes and the addition of guests, Axios is told.

We hear some big names have been lined up.

Justin Wells, Carlson’s executive producer, tweeted yesterday: “Next Episode of Tucker on Twitter coming Tuesday: Tucker’s response to the indictment of President Donald Trump.”

READ MORE: Tucker Carlson Suggests Barack Obama Is a Homosexual

SHARE:
join telegram

READERS' POLL

Who is the best president?

By completing this poll, you gain access to our free newsletter. Unsubscribe at any time.

By David Hawkins

David Hawkins is a writer who specializes in political commentary and world affairs. He's been writing professionally since 2014.

Subscribe
Notify of

Recommended

1
0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x