Rep. James Comer (R-KY), the Republican chairman of the House Oversight and Accountability Committee, has demanded financial documents from Democrat President Joe Biden’s son, Hunter Biden, and his brother, James Biden.
House Republicans are turning up the heat on the Biden family over their foreign business pursuits.
Comer told Hunter and James Biden that he wants documents and communications from the Bidens as part of his probe into any possible involvement by the president in their financial conduct
The letter says: “Evidence obtained in our investigation reveals the Biden family business model is built on Joe Biden’s political career and connections.
“Biden family members attempted to sell access around the world, including individuals who were connected to the Chinese Communist Party, to enrich themselves to the detriment of American interests.
“If President Biden is compromised by deals with foreign adversaries and they are impacting his decision making, this is a threat to national security.
“The American people deserve transparency and accountability about the Biden family’s influence peddling. The Oversight Committee is committed to exposing the waste, fraud, and abuse that has taken place at the highest levels of our government. Hunter Biden, James Biden, and Eric Schwerin’s documents, records, and communications are critical to this investigation.
Abbe Lowell, an attorney for Hunter Biden, fired back at Comer’s request, saying:
“While your Letter attempts to demonstrate ‘legislative purpose’ for investigating Mr. Biden, it fails nevertheless to address that the Committee’s scope of oversight is limited when dealing with private persons like our client.
“Rather than engage in back-and-forth letter-writing campaigns or any formal proceedings, I would offer to sit with you and your staff, including the ranking member and his staff, to see whether Mr. Biden has information that may inform some legitimate legislative purpose and be helpful to the Committee.
“I hope that you will engage in this effort.”
The GOP wants documents related to:
- Any document, record, or communication designated classified by any government body, including but not limited to any constituent agency of the U.S. Intelligence Community.
- Any communication with Joseph Robinette Biden Jr., James Brian Biden, or Sara Jones Biden between January 20, 2009, and January 20, 2021, regarding: any international or domestic travel with any government agency; and b. any international or domestic financial activity, including but not limited to communications related to banking and financial institutions, overseas bank accounts, credit card companies, bills, invoices, fees, agreements, financial arrangements, payments, wire transfers, contracts, QuickBooks, financial spreadsheets, office or residential leases, rent payments, real estate transactions, the Biden Foundation, and the Penn Biden Center.
Furthermore, the following names were mentioned as relevant to correspondence sought in the investigation:
- Devon Archer;
- JiaQi Bao;
- Tony Bobulinski;
- Jeffrey Cooper;
- Catherine Dodge;
- Gongwen Dong;
- James Gilliar;
- Patrick Ho Chi-ping;
- Vuk Jeremic;
- Zang Jianjun;
- Ye Jianming;
- Jonathan Li;
- Joan Mayer or Joan Peugh;
- Francis Person;
- Vadim Pozharskyi;
- Eric Schwerin;
- Robert Walker;
- Mervyn Yan;
- Any Rosemont Seneca entity or company;
- Any Hudson West entity or company;
- Any Owasco entity or company;
- Any Bohai Harvest entity or company;
- Skaneateles LLC;
- Eudora Global LLC;
- Coldharbour Capital LLC;
- Lion Hall Group LLC;
- Any CEFC entity or company; and
READ MORE: Jim Jordan Drops Hammer on Ex-Twitter Officials for Censoring Hunter Biden Story: ‘You Got Played by FBI’