Fox News host Jesse Watters is the clear star of cable news after crushing the competition with two shows in the top five for the second month.
Fox News dominated the May ratings period by having the most-watched shows on cable news, in both total audience and in the key 25-54 demographic.
Watters had a great month and beat all the competition on both MSNBC and CNN.
He is the host of two shows that are in the top 5 most-watched cable news shows.
The Five, co-hosted by Watters, finished No. 1 with nearly 3.28 million total viewers.
Tucker Carlson was next with 3,233,000.
Hannity came in at 3 with 2,720,000 viewers.
While Jesse Watters Primetime came next with 2,646,000.
MSNBC had one show in the top ten, The Rachel Maddow Show.
As for CNN, there’s no silver lining.
The embattled network’s top show, Anderson Cooper 360, came in at No.25 with just 759,000 total viewers.
The 10 most-watched cable news shows from May according to Adweek:
- Fox News | 5 p.m. /The Five: 3,279,000 / 25 telecasts
- Fox News | 8 p.m. / Tucker Carlson Tonight: 3,233,000 / 22 telecasts
- Fox News | 9 p.m./ Hannity: 2,720,000 / 21 telecasts
- Fox News | 7 p.m./ Jesse Watters Primetime: 2,646,000 / 17 telecasts
- Fox News | 6 p.m. / Special Report with Bret Baier: 2,475,000 / 25 telecasts
- Fox News | 10 p.m./The Ingraham Angle: 2,256,000 / 23 telecasts
- Fox News | 11 p.m./Gutfeld! : 2,001,000 / 23 telecasts
- MSNBC | 9 p.m./The Rachel Maddow Show: 1,950,000 / 9 telecasts
- Fox News | 12 p.m. / Outnumbered: 1,774,000 / 26 telecasts
- Fox News | 9-10 a.m./10-11 a.m./America’s Newsroom: 1,709,000 / 50 telecasts
Watters had similar numbers in April.
In a statement about the April ratings period, Fox News said:
“At 5 PM/ET, FNC’s late afternoon offering The Five continued to make television history, earning the top-rated spot in viewers for the month and finishing the last four out of five months leading cable news.
“The roundtable program averaged 3.5 million viewers and 510,000 with A25-54, outpacing every show on CNN and MSNBC across the board.
“Special Report with Bret Baier (weeknights, 6 PM/ET) averaged 2.6 million viewers and 396,000 in A25-54, dominating its timeslot and rounding out the top five spots in both viewers and in the demo for the month of April.
“At 7 PM/ET, FNC’s newly-launched Jesse Watters Primetime finished April as the third highest-rated cable news program, averaging 2.9 million viewers and 426,000 in A25-54, finishing the month as the fastest-growing program in cable news.
“On MSNBC during the same hour, The ReidOut notched its lowest-rated month in history across both categories.
“At 12 AM/ET, FOX News @ Night with Shannon Bream surpassed the competition, delivering over 1 million viewers and 210,000 in A25-54,” Fox News said.