The judge who reportedly signed off on the search warrant for the FBI to raid President Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago home has ties to Jeffrey Epstein and the deceased sex trafficker’s associates.
Judge Bruce E. Reinhart previously defected from the U.S. Attorney’s Office to represent Epstein’s associates.
But the switch raised eyebrows.
THIS BRUCE REINHART???
Wtf!!! https://t.co/9fWqKeeUA2 https://t.co/f7LJqkZvmB pic.twitter.com/l9W1S1Eigk
— Comfortably Smug (@ComfortablySmug) August 9, 2022
The Miami Herald said in 2019:
“On Oct 23, 2007, as federal prosecutors in South Florida were in the midst of tense negotiations to finalize a plea deal with accused sex trafficker Jeffrey Epstein, a senior prosecutor in their office was quietly laying out plans to leave the U.S. attorney’s office after 11 years.
“On that date, as emails were flying between Epstein’s lawyers and federal prosecutors, Bruce E. Reinhart, now a federal magistrate, opened a limited liability company in Florida that established what would become his new criminal defense practice.
“The stated address, according to Florida state corporate records: 250 South Australian Ave., Suite 1400.
“It was the same location, and identical suite number, as that of Epstein’s lead attorney, Jack Goldberger.
“By the end of the year, Reinhart had resigned his post in the Southern District of Florida.
“Within days, on Jan. 2, 2008, he was hired to represent several of Epstein’s accused accomplices who would later, like Epstein, receive federal immunity for allegedly trafficking underage girls.
“Reinhart’s defection was one of many highly unusual turns that the Epstein case took 12 years ago, moves that could merit examination as the multimillionaire’s controversial non-prosecution agreement is dissected in the wake of his arrest last week on sex trafficking charges.
“In 2011, Reinhart was named in the Crime Victims’ Rights Act lawsuit, which accused him of violating Justice Department policies by switching sides, implying that he leveraged inside information about Epstein’s investigation to curry favor with Epstein,” the paper said.
As Slay News previously reported, FBI agents raided Trump’s home in Palm Beach, Florida on Monday.
Trump released a statement confirming the news, saying that his home was “under siege.”
He described the raid as “an attack by Radical Left Democrats” that is part of an effort to prevent him from running for president again in 2024.
“My beautiful home Mar A Lago in Palm Beach, Florida is currently under siege, raided, and occupied by a large group of FBI agents,” Trump said.
“It is prosecutorial misconduct,” he added.
“The weaponization of the Justice System, and an attack by Radical Left Democrats who desperately don’t want me to run for President in 2024.”