Prince Harry & Meghan Markle’s Foundation Declared ‘Delinquent,’ Banned from Operating

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s Archewell Foundation has been declared “delinquent” by authorities and banned from soliciting or spending funds, according to reports.

On Monday, the foundation was ordered to stop operating and was warned of fines or suspension due to issues with the charity’s financial records.

The delinquency notice was sent by California’s Attorney General Rob Bonta.

It was issued over the foundation failing to file its annual reports and renewal fees.

As stated on California’s Department of Justice website, a notice is sent to an organization after it fails to submit complete filings for each fiscal year.

But according to the Daily Mail, a source close to the Duke and Duchess of Sussex claims the charity did send the $200 renewal fee check.

However, they argue that it had not been processed by the Registry of Charities and Fundraisers in California.

Sussex sources told the Mail that they had tracked the check and confirmed it had arrived to officials on time.

The Sussexes’ foundation was established after they stepped down from their roles as senior working royals and relocated to the US in March 2020.

Delinquent charities are ordered to stop fundraising, can face penalties, or have their registration suspended or revoked.

According to a letter seen by Page Six, the note adds:

“An organization that is listed as delinquent is not in good standing and is prohibited from engaging in conduct for which registration is required, including soliciting or disbursing charitable funds.”

Although the couple has yet to publicly respond to the report, “a check for the money was sent but never arrived,” according to the Telegraph.

Slay the latest News for free!

We don’t spam! Read our privacy policy for more info.

A second check has now been sent to resolve the matter within days, the newspaper adds.

Named in honor of their son Archie, now aged five, the couple said the foundation’s core purpose was “quite simply, to do good.”

Their mission statement reads:

“We meet the moment by showing up, taking action, and using our unparalleled spotlight to uplift and unite communities, both local and global, online and offline.”

The organization’s 2021 filing, which was submitted last February, revealed that they had raised $13m (£10.3m) from benefactors.

Meanwhile, they had given out $3m in grants during the same period.

It’s unclear where the remaining $10 million was spent, however.

The following year, they suffered a big drop in donations.

The foundation only received $2m in charitable donations during 2022, marking an $11 million drop.

News of the filing comes after Harry visited London last week to attend a ceremony to celebrate the 10th anniversary celebrations for the Invictus Games.

However, Harry was snubbed by his own father, King Charles III, during the trip to his home nation.

Despite both father and son being within miles of each other in the capital, the 75-year-old monarch attended a garden tea party and was reportedly “too busy” to meet up.

“It’s all very sad,” a friend of the King reportedly told The Times.

“While he was hardly going to roll out the red carpet the moment this Invictus trip was announced, with doctors advising him to focus on his treatment and recovery, the idea that he refused to find space in his diary…

“Well, let’s say recollections may vary once again.”

READ MORE – ‘Greedy’ Meghan Markle ‘Laughed Out of Hollywood’

SHARE:
Advertise with Slay News
join telegram

READERS' POLL

Who is the best president?

By completing this poll, you gain access to our free newsletter. Unsubscribe at any time.

By Frank Bergman

Frank Bergman is a political/economic journalist living on the east coast. Aside from news reporting, Bergman also conducts interviews with researchers and material experts and investigates influential individuals and organizations in the sociopolitical world.

Subscribe
Notify of
7
0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x