Republican Rep. Anna Paulina Luna (R-FL) has put Democrat Rep Adam Schiff (D-CA) on notice by revealing that she has the votes needed to hold him accountable for his deceitful actions.
Luna has been leading the charge to punish Schiff for lying to the American people by smearing President Donald Trump with false claims of collusion with Russia.
The congresswoman issued a statement that says:
“I have called up my censure motion and will be bringing the vote to hold Adam Schiff accountable to the floor Wednesday.
“I have spoken to many of my colleagues.
“A majority of the 20 will be changing their vote to support the motion, as well as other Members who were not in town for the initial vote have let me/my office know they will be voting with us.
“We have secured the number of votes needed to censure Adam Schiff and refer him to Ethics.
“It is well within my right as a Congresswoman to file a privileged motion and hold Adam Schiff accountable for abusing and exploiting his official position and bringing dishonor to the House of Representatives.
“I am fully aware of the constitutionality of it all and that is what this is about.
“I look forward to restoring honor to the House of Representatives this Wednesday and appreciate the Members who have come forward to support this historical censure in an effort to bring accountability and trust back to this very sacred institution,” she said.
I have called up my censure motion and will be bringing the vote to hold Adam Schiff accountable to the floor tomorrow. pic.twitter.com/pL8numVYNL
— Rep. Anna Paulina Luna (@RepLuna) June 21, 2023
Several House GOP lawmakers voted with Democrats, mainly due to concerns that the $16M fine was unconstitutional.
Below is the list of Republicans who voted with Democrats to protect Schiff earlier:
- Kelly Armstrong, North Dakota (ND)
- Lori Chavez-DeRemer, Oregon (OR)
- Juan Ciscomani, Arizona (AZ)
- Tom Cole, Oklahoma (OK)
- Warren Davidson, Ohio (OH)
- Brian K. Fitzpatrick, Pennsylvania (PA)
- Kay Granger, Texas (TX)
- Garret Graves, Louisiana (LA)
- Thomas H. Kean, Jr., New Jersey (NJ)
- Kevin Kiley, California (CA)
- Young Kim, California (CA)
- Michael Lawler, New York (NY)
- Thomas Massie, Kentucky (KY)
- Tom McClintock, California (CA)
- Marcus J. Molinaro, New York (NY)
- Jay Obernolte, California (CA)
- Michael K. Simpson, Idaho (ID)
- Michael R. Turner, Ohio (OH)
- David G. Valadao, California (CA)
- Steve Womack, Arkansas (AR)