A Democratic county official in Virginia has been indicted on 82 felony charges.
The county official, Trey Adkins, was indicted on charges related to accusations of election fraud, embezzlement, and other forms of misconduct.
He denies the charges.
Adkins was indicted by a special grand jury, along with Sherry Lynn Bailey, who is alleged to have assisted him with his schemes.
He was indicted on 34 counts of false statements related to election fraud, 15 counts of uttering public record, 11 counts of absentee voting, 11 counts of forgery of public record, eight counts of public embezzlement, and three counts of conspiracy to make a false statement related to election fraud.
Bailey was charged with four counts of making false statements related to election fraud, four counts of conspiracy to make false statements, and four counts of forgery of public record.
“The Rules of Professional Conduct prevents any lawyer participating in the prosecution of a criminal matter that may be tried to a jury from making an extrajudicial statement that the lawyer knows or should know will have a likelihood of interfering with the fairness of a trial by jury,” Russell County Commonwealth’s Attorney Zach Stoots said.
“Based on the Rules of Professional Conduct, my office will not be making any further statements on the pending matters.”
Trey Adkins faces 82 felony counts. https://t.co/ngynqHyHCB
— The Western Journal (@WestJournalism) May 12, 2022
🚨 BREAKING 🚨
Trey Adkins, the Democrat County Supervisor in Buchanan County, Virginia, has been indicted on 82 felony counts of Election Fraud after a 2-year Virginia State Police investigation. pic.twitter.com/t9Z6WC3ptO
— Ole Murica (@OleMurica) May 12, 2022
Trey Adkins is the current Knox District Supervisor for Buchanan County, and faces 82 felony charges:
- 34 counts of False Statement – Election Fraud
- 11 counts of Absentee Voting Procedure Violation
- 8 counts of Public Embezzlement
- 11 counts of Forgery of Public Record
- 15 counts of Uttering Public Record
- 3 counts of Conspiracy to Make a False Statement – Election Fraud
- Sherry Lynn Bailey was indicted on 12 different felony charges:
- 4 counts of False Statement – Election Fraud
- 4 counts of Conspiracy to Make a False Statement
- 4 counts of Forgery of Public Record