The World Health Organization (WHO) has blamed the public for the way the COVID-19 pandemic panned out, claiming that people ignored their warnings.
WHO officials lashed out Thursday over, what it claims, was the slow response from the public to its warnings of the threat posed by the coronavirus.
The United Nations health agency rejected criticism of its work while urging pandemic disbelievers to heed the “corrected narrative” of events.
The WHO voiced its frustration at people marking the second anniversary of the pandemic commencement as March 11, 2020.
Instead, the WHO insists the real alarm came six weeks earlier on January 30, 2020, when, outside of China, fewer than 100 cases and no deaths had been reported.
However, the U.N. organization claims nobody was listening to it.
WHO emergencies director Michael J. Ryan used a video conference to excoriate the non-believers.
“People weren’t listening,” he lamented during a live interaction on the WHO’s social media channels.
“We were ringing the bell and people weren’t acting.”
“What I was most stunned by was the lack of response, the lack of urgency in relation to WHO’s highest level of alert in international law, as agreed by all our member states.
“They agreed to this!” he blasted.
Ryan claimed the declaration of a pandemic was simply stating the obvious once it had already happened — and insisted countries had plenty of advance notice, although he made no mention of the fact it was the WHO itself, citing Chinese Communist Party officials, advising the world the “human-to-human” transmission threat level was low.
“Preliminary investigations conducted by the Chinese authorities have found no clear evidence of human-to-human transmission of the novel #coronavirus (2019-nCoV) identified in #Wuhan, #China,” said the WHO on January 14, 2020.
Preliminary investigations conducted by the Chinese authorities have found no clear evidence of human-to-human transmission of the novel #coronavirus (2019-nCoV) identified in #Wuhan, #China🇨🇳. pic.twitter.com/Fnl5P877VG
— World Health Organization (WHO) (@WHO) January 14, 2020
No mention was made either of the fact Taiwan sought to advise the WHO of the dangers posed by the Wuhan virus as early as December, 2019.
These warnings from Taiwan were roundly ignored in the interest of appeasing the Chinese Communist Party.
The facts regarding Taiwan’s email to alert WHO to possible danger of #COVID19#email內容 #TaiwanCanHelp #TaiwanIsHelping @WHO
— MOHW of Taiwan 衛生福利部 (@MOHW_Taiwan) April 11, 2020
Instead, Ryan continued to deliver his version of events.
“There’s a lot of people in the media and everywhere have this big argument, WHO declared a pandemic late. No!” said Ryan.
The world was well warned about the impending pandemic.
By March, I think there was such frustration that it was, ‘OK, you want a pandemic, here’s your pandemic’.
Johns Hopkins University reported Monday the global Chinese coronavirus death toll has passed six million – with close to one million deaths taking place in the United States.
The grim milestone comes as the U.S. nears the two-year anniversary of President Donald Trump declaring a national state of emergency on March 13, 2020, as cases first started to climb in America.
The WHO’s technical lead on coronavirus, Maria Van Kerkhove, also scolded those who ignored the organization’s official version of events.
Two years on, she said that this Friday, people would be marking the “wrong anniversary” and the world should be warned that another catastrophe is entirely possible.
“It is fundamentally incorrect,” she insisted.
“You hear the frustration in our voices because we still haven’t corrected the narrative.
“It will happen again!
“So when are we actually going to learn?
“More than six million people have died, that we know of.
“I don’t think we’ve even begun to grieve this, at a global level.”