If you cast your mind back to the 2020 Democratic primaries, you probably don’t remember much of then-Sen. Kamala Harris (D-CA) as she made little impact.
In fact, her presidential campaign bombed.
During the televised debates, she was a bag of nerves who said nothing of value other than making the odd radical statement about confiscating guns to grab some headlines.
Voters never warmed to her at all and she was far from what you’d describe as “leadership material.”
But as is often the case with the presidential primaries, it’s a good opportunity for career politicians to boost their own public profile on a national level, knowing they won’t actually make it to the White House.
But wait, it’s 2020 and the “woke” mobs are rioting: Kamala Harris is a woman and the Democrats can market her race to voters.
Right place, right time.
And if you’d just woken up from a long coma; Joe Biden is president. Yes, really.
If we ever wanted hard evidence of the Peter Principle, this is it.
The principle is a concept in management developed by Laurence J. Peter which observes that people in a hierarchy tend to rise to “a level of respective incompetence”: employees are promoted based on their success in previous jobs until they reach a level at which they are no longer competent, as skills in one job do not necessarily translate to another.
Just take a look at Harris, Biden, Tony Blinken, Pete Buttigieg, and the rest of the administration and you can see the Peter Principle hard at work.
During Obama’s presidency, everyone joked that he selected Biden for VP because Biden’s incompetency insured that Obama would never be impeached.
Yes, Obama was bad, but Biden would be worse.
Now that Biden’s the president, that joke was 100% correct.
Sadly, he’s multiple times worse than anyone imagined.
Biden has more failures in one year than most presidents have in a lifetime – the Afghanistan debacle and surrender, huge crime spikes due to Democrat “defund the police” insanity, actively working to destroy the petroleum industry while supporting Russia’s, soaring inflation, open support and deference to China, and his weakness being directly responsible for Putin’s invasion of Ukraine — to name just a few epic failures.
As bad as Biden is as president, it’s obvious he selected Harris for the same reason that Obama selected him — to ensure he’s never removed from office. If you think things can’t possibly get worse, just look at Harris and you instantly realize – yes, they can. She would be multiple times worse than Joe.
It’s difficult to believe that Biden could find someone less competent than himself, but he did. Among the vast numbers of very unintelligent politicians, VP Kamala is perhaps the least competent and least intelligent of them all.
Her diminished mental acuity is Biden’s insurance against replacing him. Kamala’s incoherent statements are legendary.
Following are some examples:
- She told us her pronouns are “she, her, and hers.” What should a woman’s pronouns be? Oh, that’s right, in Democrat world, boys can be girls and vice versa. Only Dems and Leftists understand such nonsense.
- Months after Kamala was appointed the immigration/border security czar, she was challenged why she had not visited the Mexican border. Her snarky response was “and I haven’t been to Europe either.” Say what?
- January 2022, Harris was asked if it was time to change the COVID strategy. Kamala responded, “It’s time for us to do what we have been doing, and that time is every day. Every day it is time for us to agree that there are things available to us.” I have no clue what she said. Unfortunately, neither does she.
- In February, at a NATO conference held to discuss Russia’s massed troops threatening to invade Ukraine, Kamala made the following comment, “Perhaps this is a moment, as life presents us with these moments, that challenge us to ask what is our reason for being? I think we all know the history of NATO and its reason for being. The spirit behind this term we use, ‘the transatlantic community,’ the word community meaning a collection, not a collection of individuals who see themselves as a collection, than as one.” Despite such incoherent babble, Putin invaded Ukraine two days later.
- When NBC asked her about sanctions on Russia’s oil industry, Harris said, “As it relates to what we need to do domestically as well as what we need to do in terms of this issue generally, we have, as the president said, reevaluated what we’re doing”
- Finally, further proof that Biden is not serious, he appointed Kamala as point person on Ukraine. Why not Biden, you ask? Good question, but he goes home to Delaware most weekends; perhaps that’s why he delegates war and Ukraine to Kamala. To demonstrate her superior knowledge of Europe (she’s now been once), a radio show asked her to explain the Ukraine situation to its audience. Harris said, “Ukraine is a country in Europe. It exists next to another country called Russia. Russia is a bigger country. Russia is a powerful country. Russia decided to invade a smaller country called Ukraine. So, basically, that’s wrong.”
Yes, those were her words.
Her condescending answers tell us everything about her.
She belittles the audience.
She can’t talk normally to people because she thinks we’re too dumb to understand the situation.
Then again, who’s surprised?
Our elite leftists (Hillary, Obama, NY Times readers, academics, Hollywood, the media, etc.) think we’re beneath them because we haven’t been educated at Harvard or Yale.
They demand we defer to their superior education to save us uneducated bumpkins out here in places like rural Georgia.
With Kamala, Biden, and his entire administration, the Peter Principle is alive and well.
Between Biden’s and Harris’ constant idiotic statements, it’s almost impossible to quantify which one is the least capable.
However, we still have almost three more years for one or the other to rise (or fall) to their ultimate level of incompetence.