Chris Wallace may be about to get screwed by CNN after leaving Fox News to join the far-left network’s new streaming service.
Wallace’s future has been doomed at CNN after the guy who brought him over to the network, Jeff Zucker, resigned in disgrace.
When he left Fox News, he gushed about his “new adventure” by joining CNN’s streaming service.
However, that dream may now be dead as CNN is rumored to be planning to move Wallace into former host Chris Cuomo’s old time slot on the cable network.
Since Zucker’s departure, Wallace has reportedly been unhappy and his complaints about his treatment at CNN have been leaked to various media outlets.
Wallace said when he left Fox News: “I want to try something new, to go beyond politics to all the things I’m interested in.
“I’m ready for a new adventure.
“After decades in broadcast and cable news, I am excited to explore the world of streaming.
“I look forward to the new freedom and flexibility streaming affords in interviewing major figures across the news landscape—and finding new ways to tell stories.
“As I embark on this adventure, I am honored and delighted to join Jeff Zucker and his great team.
“I can’t wait to get started.”
CNN’s new boss Chris Licht has other ideas, however, and Wallace’s plans to “explore the world of streaming” seem over.
According to The Daily Beast, “Licht faces a tough challenge in filling the primetime hour once occupied by Cuomo.
“Former Fox News anchor Chris Wallace is one name being floated internally to take the key 9 p.m. slot.”
Wallace also finally got a producer.
According to Adweek:
“Javier de Diego has been named the executive producer of Who’s Talking to Chris Wallace?
“A 14-year CNN veteran, de Diego has served as senior broadcast producer for The Situation Room with Wolf Blitzer and as supervising producer for The Lead with Jake Tapper.
“He previously served as supervising producer during the 2016 election cycle, working with Jamie Gangel on interviews and her documentary on the life of President George H.W. Bush. de Diego will report to CNN+ daily programming boss Jenn Suozzo and starts on March 14.
As Slay News previously reported, Wallace was said to be “second-guessing his decision” to move to CNN and was complaining about having no staff and no executive producer.
Sources told Radar: “Chris is the type of person who makes it known if he doesn’t like something.
“He went over there for Zucker and now Zucker is gone.
“Wallace feels that he has been stiffed.
“He’s got no staff, no Executive Producer, and the guy he gave up a prized gig for has just walked out the door.”
“It’s no secret in DC that Wallace hates Jake Tapper and despises the cable giant’s Washington bureau chief and senior vice president Sam Feist.
“Zucker spun his magic to allay Chris’ concern about the pair, promising that his status as a ‘premiere journalist’ would not be compromised while working out of the DC bureau,” the source said.
Fox News’ Chris Wallace: “After 18 years, I have decided to leave Fox. I want to try something new, to go beyond politics, to all of the things I’m interested in.” pic.twitter.com/vgMF8Ktdnr
— The Recount (@therecount) December 12, 2021