Rupert Murdoch Gave the Order to Let Tucker Carlson Go

Fox News boss Rupert Murdoch personally gave the order to get rid of star anchor Tucker Carlson, according to reports.

The Los Angeles Times is reporting that Murdoch made the move over a lawsuit filed by former Fox News producer Abby Grossberg.

As Slay News reported earlier, Fox announced that Carlson had left the network on Monday morning.

“Fox News Media and Tucker Carlson have agreed to part ways,” the network said in a statement.

“We thank him for his service to the network as a host and prior to that as a contributor.”

According to The Wall Street Journal, Carlson found out about Murdoch’s move just ten minutes before Fox made the announcement.

His contract, he signed a new deal in 2021, will be paid in full.

Grossberg booked guests for “Tucker Carlson Tonight” before she was fired earlier this year.

She filed a lawsuit in a New York federal court on March 20, accusing Carlson and other Fox executives of having “a work environment that subjugates women based on vile sexist stereotypes.”

“Ms. Grossberg was isolated, overworked, undervalued, denied opportunities for promotion, and generally treated significantly worse than her male counterparts, even when those men were less qualified than her,” the complaint said.

Fox News denied the allegations and said they will “vigorously defend Fox against all of her legal claims which have no merit.”

“FOX News Media engaged an independent outside counsel to immediately investigate the concerns raised by Ms. Grossberg, which were made following a critical performance review,” a spokesperson said.

Slay the latest News for free!

We don’t spam! Read our privacy policy for more info.

According to The Los Angeles Times.

People familiar with the situation who were not authorized to comment publicly said the decision to fire Carlson came straight from Fox Corp. Chairman Rupert Murdoch.

Carlson’s exit is related to the discrimination lawsuit filed by Abby Grossberg, the producer fired by the network last month, the people said. 

Carlson’s senior executive producer Justin Wells has also been terminated, according to people familiar with the matter.

A Fox News representative would not comment.

Other reports claim Murdoch made the move because Carlson trashed some Fox News executives in emails that came to light during the Dominion lawsuit.

But Carlson himself has dropped a huge hit.

He changed his Twitter bio to redirect people to tuckercarlson.com.

The website greets visitors with the message: “The sworn enemy of censorship.”

As an independent reporter, Carlson could achieve far more than he ever would under the constraints of Fox News and the corporate media.

READ MORE: AOC Demands Tucker Carlson and Other Critics Banned from TV

SHARE:
join telegram

READERS' POLL

Who is the best president?

By completing this poll, you gain access to our free newsletter. Unsubscribe at any time.

By David Hawkins

David Hawkins is a writer who specializes in political commentary and world affairs. He's been writing professionally since 2014.

Subscribe
Notify of

Recommended

3
0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x